Delicious honey lemonade
Lemonade with honey – 237 KCAL
- 6 cups (1.4L) Water – 0 KCAL
- Mint leaves – 0 KCAL
- 3 large Lemons, juice and peel – 51 KCAL
- 3 tbsp (45ml) raw organic Honey – 186 KCAL
Bring the water to a boil, add the lemon peel and honey and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, remove the lemon peel and allow to cool. Once the syrup has cooled down, add the mint leaves and lemon juice. Stir thoroughly and refrigerate to enjoy cool.
You could also create lemonade ice cubes to add flavor to other drinks, or you could serve in popsicle form. Double the honey for a sweater taste.
This simple-to-make recipe creates a delicious pick-me-up that can be consumed at any hour during a busy day, while also providing a guilt-free sweet treat that satisfies even the most troublesome sweet tooth and/or caffeine cravings.
Vitamin C 10+1 Benefits
- Gives your immune system a boost - Vitamin C is like our immune system’s jumper cables, and lemon juice is full of it. The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why experts recommend popping extra vitamin C during especially stressful days.
- Excellent source of potassium - Lemons are high in potassium, which is good for heart health, as well as brain and nerve function.
- Aids digestion - Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract, it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping, and bloating.
- Cleanses your system - It helps flush out the toxins in your body by enhancing enzyme function, stimulating your liver.
- Freshens your breath - It also helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis.
- Keeps your skin blemish-free - The antioxidants in lemon juice help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too! It can also be applied to scars and age spots to reduce their appearance, and because it’s detoxifying your blood, it will maintain your skin’s radiance.
- Helps you lose weight - Lemons contain pectin fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings.
- Reduces inflammation - If you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it will decrease the acidity in your body, which is where disease states occur. It removes uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
- Gives you an energy boost - Lemon juice provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract, and it also helps reduce anxiety and depression. (Even the scent of lemons has a calming effect on your nervous system!)
- Helps to cut out caffeine - I didn’t believe this until I tried it, but replacing my morning coffee with a cup of hot lemon water has really done wonders! I feel refreshed, and no longer have to deal with that pesky afternoon crash. Plus, my nerves are thankful.
- Helps fight viral infections - Warm lemon water boosts your immune system and is reported to diminish viral infections and their subsequent sore throats.